Sunday, January 10, 2010

all that glitters...


i dreamt once i was a unicorn
five foot wings and feathers worn
flying for the first time since born
without a care to mourn

universe beyond universes time
i saw things to be my prime
and other things dingy as grime
as i floated over the sublime

one corner turned and there a sight
eyes hadnt seen on this first flight
all the sun and no more night
nothing there could cause me fright

reflections showed my newfound face
structures that once had no place
now fit just right into this space
my new mystical body covered in grace

my legs were sturdy as the trees
as i galloped over this eternity
freedom softly spoke decrees
that kept my spirit at ease

and as i woke to this same home
i realized the dream was not my own
it was but the truth that i was shown
of the place i will one day roam

No comments:

Post a Comment